At Sangaiwe Tented Lodge our approach to food is simple. We strive to serve fresh, local ingredients in an uncomplicated way. Our heritage is one of great food, carried on in the tradition of Chef Regie, famous in our area. The time from field to table is short and Regie personally supervises the kitchen schedule.
We’re able to cater to most dietary requests if given sufficient notice. Please have your tour operator notify us at time of booking and also let us know on arrival.
Breakfast will include some of the following:
- Fresh Tropical Fruits in Season
- Whole Grain Toast
- Local porridge
- Oats porridge
- Cold Cereals
- Fresh Juice
- Eggs to order with bacon or sausage (always on offer)
Lunch in the lodge will usually be a buffet featuring a selection of fresh salads, quiche, pizza served with fresh soup and rolls. Guests most often go out for the entire day with a lunch box. We strive to keep our boxes interesting and different.
Dinner is served to table and consists of four courses:
- Home made soup (leek and potato, tomato, pumpkin etc) served with fresh baked rolls
- Main Course
- Two types of meat, chicken or fish
- Potatoes or Rice
- Two fresh vegetable sides (at least)
- Fresh Salad
- Dessert (fresh fruit cobbler, pie, chocolate soufflé)